To prove we're lovers and not fighters, we make this public service announcement to all local restaurants in hopes of keeping you off the Eater Deathwatch: Gordon Ramsay is bringing his wildly popular "Kitchen Nightmares" show to LA. Ramsay, a temperamental chef with a penchant for expletives and his "infamous lack of patience with sloppy standards in the kitchen," is looking for failing LA-area restaurants in need of his expertise. The Craigslist ad reads like a veritable Tony Robbins commercial:
· Has your restaurant been open for many years and you are barely covering the bills?This means that Ramsay is doing triple-time here this year—filming a new season of "Hell's Kitchen"; opening his restaurant at what will soon be the London Hotel; and now, spreading his culinary genius to ailing restaurants. We officially dub 2007: The Year of Ramsay.
· Are you a first-time owner who sank your life savings into the restaurant and it’s not making it?
· Are you an experienced restaurateur and your newest venture is not taking off?
· Are your food costs, liquor costs and staffing expenses too high to survive?
· Are you in a fantastic location and you still don’t appeal to the customers?
· Do the Chef, Staff & Owner have differing visions of the restaurant?
· Is the communication between the kitchen and front of house bad?
· Have you tried everything to increase business and nothing helps?
If you are passionate about turning your fortunes around, then we would love to hear from you.
· Casting Restaurant Owners: Gordon Ramsay wants to boost your business! [Craigslist]
· "Kitchen Nightmares" [Official Website]