Today the LA Times' S. Irene Virbila and the LA Weekly's Jonathan Gold go fork to fork with their first looks at Steven Arroyo's new French bistro, 750 ml in South Pasadena. The two seem to agree on a few things, so much so, that we can't help wonder if we were all there on the same night. Let's cut to the chase, shall we?
(1) The setting feels different from any LA neighborhood, but South Pasadena is unlike any other LA neighborhood.
(2) 750 ml is how much wine an average wine bottle holds.
(3) The space is tiny, edgy, good design.
(4) Small menu, small portions, big prices.
(5) Watching trains while drinking wine is cool.
· 750 ml is a welcome stop in South Pasadena [LAT]
· Bottle Opener: 750 ml uncorks in South Pasadena [LA Weekly]
· The Dish/Eater's Journal: 750 ml [~ELA~]