Photo by Francisco Arcaute
Here we have a look at the dining room of the newly refurbished Cole's (it's all about the breadcrumbs), which "officially" opens on December 8 but will hold several public events this week: Thursday (Dec. 4) there's a benefit for the Los Angeles Conservancy; Friday (Dec. 5) is the Dewar's Repeal Day celebration, which takes place at all 213 Inc.'s properties; Saturday (Dec. 6) is the open house where everything costs $1 (or 100 cents, in celebration of Cole's 100 years serving French dip sandwiches). And, again, about those sandwiches: Expect beef, lamb, homemade mustards---chef Neal Fraser tells us all about it. We're also hearing about bacon potato salad as a side. Bacon, people.
· Cole's Update: Inside Semi-Revealed [~ELA~]
· Cole's Opening Date Announced: 100-Cent Sandwiches [~ELA~]
· EaterWire: More Cole's Celebrations [~ELA~]
· EaterWire: Repeal Day Downtown [~ELA~]
· The Cole's Resurgence: Neal Fraser Takes on the French Dip [~ELA~]