Welcome back to The Dish, our regular report of what's new around town. See something debut? The tip line is always open.
1) Pasadena: A tipster was at a preview tasting at the Smith brothers' new Spitfire Saloon (some earlier tracking) this week and in a nutshell: Not too impressed, but it was still a preview; crab dip, chips and guac, smoked brisket, Korean-style barbecue short ribs, mustard slaw, good burger. A call to the restaurant confirms that it will probably open Friday night at 5:30pm. At least it has a full bar, which actually is the best part at all of their restaurants (Smitty's, Parkway especially). [41 South De Lacey Ave, 626.577.4141; website]
2) Hollywood: Adolfo Suaya's art deco-y Bar Delux does its thing on Friday. They're taking dinner reservations for 8pm and after (menu by Eric Greenspan from The Foundry on Melrose), and the lounge "opens" at 10pm meaning bottle service will/can begin. Previously. [1624 N. Cahuenga, 323.461.6800]
3) Cuhuenga Pass: Spotted next to the former Bridge soon-to-be El Bar, 161 Street Pizza, only two days old. We're told it's really thin, crispy crust pizza with the usual toppings. If they weren't so busy when we called, we'd probably have more info. [3256 Cahuenga Blvd W, 323.851.6161]
4) Downtown: In case you haven't heard (read: living under a rock), Cedd Moses reopens the 100-year-old Cole's after a major renovation and menu upgrade with a bunch of events, including one on Saturday where all French dips, side salads and pie are only $1 (Dec. 6, 12pm-4pm). They'll full open on Monday (Dec. 8) starting at 11:30 for lunch and staying open late for cocktails (they make a mean sazerac). [118 E 6th St, 213.622.4090; website]
5) Downtown: And right next to Cole's is a new cocktail lounge from the people behind The Room and Barcopa---The Association opens tonight. [Pacific Electric Lofts, E 6th St, 213.627.7385]
6) Downtown: Gabe Morale's Provecho soft-opened for lunch this week, but goes full throttle on Monday (Dec. 8). Modern Mexican/fusion cuisine, lots of tequila, and the Remedy lounge. [800 Wilshire Blvd, 213.489.1406; website]