Crumbs first West Coast location in Bev Hills
If you live near, in or love Larchmont Village, sit down: We've confirmed the replacement restaurant for La Luna Ristorante and another for the former Larchmont Photo space. It's not Panda Express, but they still might not be mom-and-pop enough for the locals. But objectively speaking, they might be the best compromise.
1) Crumbs Bake Shop, the New York cupcakery with sugar bombs like caramel apple, Oreo, and Fluffernutter flavors will open at 216 N. Larchmont in April. The good thing about Crumbs is that it's not a monolithic chain (there are only seven locations so far), whose owners still actively oversee daily operations. The first west coast Crumbs opened in Beverly Hills in September---and they gave away free cupcakes on day one. Yes, they're willing to buy your love.
2) This one will break a few hearts: Le Pain Quotidien, a much larger chain almost as ubiquitous as Pinkberry, will take over the former La Luna Ristorante space this summer. It's not that Le Pain is horrible---some of their sandwiches are quite pleasant if way overpriced---but it will replace a much-loved longstanding restaurant that fought to stay put. The whole ordeal left such a bad taste in the neighborhood's collective mouth, tasty sandwiches on fresh baked artisan bread might not stand a chance.
· Sweet Monday: Crumbs Opens Today [~ELA~]
· The Shutter: La Luna Finally Closes [~ELA~]
· Larchmont: When is a Chain a Chain? [~ELA~]
· The Shutter: Sam's Bagels [~ELA~]