Since we haven't checked the LA County Department of Health restaurant closures recently, and we don't have camerman hunkered down in front of celeb-visited spots a la TMZ, we figured it's time for a quick overview to see who else felt the DOH wrath. Some findings:
1) Champagne French Bakery Cafe: The West Hollywood location (8917 Santa Monica Blvd) was closed for a day for "No potable water supply or no hot water."
2) Ciao Trattoria: The downtown eatery lost two days of business for "vermin harborage and infestation."
3) Juices Fountain: We knew it was having some problems, but the reason for the "C" rating in June: "gross contamination of utensils/equipment, vermin harborage, vermin infestation."
4) La Frite: The Sherman Oaks restaurant was cited for vermin and closed for two days in June.
5) Locanda Veneta: The Third Street Promenade restaurant lost a couple days in June for contaminated utensils and vermin.
6) Pacific Theaters at Americana at Brand: Ok, so not a restaurant per se, but it's notable that the theater didn't have hot water and closed for a day in June.
7) Bar Marmont: This one kind of stings. Not such a good showing for chef Carolyn Spence: closed for two days in April for "gross contamination of utensils/equipment" and "vermin infestation."
· Newsroom's Bad News [~ELA~]
· LA County Restaurant Facility Closure List [LA Public Health]