Welcome back to today's mid-week Report of Ply. Catch a splinter? Tips are customary but photos earn extra credit.
1) Hollywood: A few more tidbits on the forthcoming Supperclub moving into the Vogue Theater. Now slated to open in May (word on the street is that it will be specially open for Oscars night-March 7), Supperclub LA marks outpost six of the club/dining chain worldwide (renderings above). Owners are currently on a chef hunt, specifically looking to hire a neophyte that specializes in "experimental" cuisine- whatever that means. But, very excited about this, mixologist extraordinaire Josh Curtis, who mixed and muddled his way through Jar and Hungry Cat, will shake up a "fusion" cocktail menu. [EaterWire] —YE
2) Mid-City: Blackburn and Sweetzer shares that DoughBoys is aiming for a December 1 opening. The facade looks rather complete and an awning is up with signage announcing "DoughBoys Cafe and Bakery Opening Soon!" [B+S]
3) Larchmont: Mucho construction happening in Larchmont Village by way of coffee shops. In addition to Larchmont Bungalow, now comes Bricks & Scones serving Intelligentsia coffee and opening at the end of the month. The coffee shop will also offer pastries and several savory dishes with the added bonus of free wifi. While the website is under construction, scoop them on Facebook and Twitter. Also, check out the above interior shot, looks super comfy. [EaterWire]
4) Pasadena: Onil Chibas, owner of 4-year old Elements Kitchen, recently expanded his Fair Oaks cafe and now plans a second restaurant next to the Pasadena Playhouse. Scheduled to open in December, location two will be larger with a full dinner menu, bar, open kitchen, and chef's table. [LAW]
5) Manhattan Beach: Clint Clausen, a man who once held the position of Senior VP for SBE, is branching out on his own with a casual neighborhood spot called Four Daughters Kitchen. Set to also open in December, this restaurant will replace Bora Bora on Highland and is currently under construction via photo above. Expect comfort food for breakfast-lunch-dinner, and an coffee/espresso counter. [EaterWire]