What recession? Another supersize edition of The Dish, coming your way. As always, please do let us know if we missed any recent openings.
1) Silver Lake: Following various stages of soft openings last week, Barbarella Bar is now open and taking reservations on its website. As was mentioned back in December, there are DJs and a dance floor, booze, 24 beers on tap, and a late-night menu available until 12am during the week, 1am on the weekends. 2609 N Hyperion Avenue, Silverlake; (323) 644-8000; website [EaterWire]
2) The Strip: Tony Riviera's much-anticipated, flashy Tonys West Hollywood opened last week in the former Crudo space on Sunset. The elevator pitch is that nothing on the Italian steakhouse menu is over $25. 8570 Sunset Blvd., West Hollywood; (310) 289-1145; website [EaterWire]
3) Beverly Hills: Chef Samir Mohajer's Cabbage Patch is now open in BH and doing its super organic thing: Niman meats, cage-free chickens, farmers market produce, you get it. 214 S. Beverly Drive Beverly Hills, 310-550-8655; website [EaterWire]
4) Downtown: Angelenic reports that Infusion Cafe, the long-delayed coffeeshop on Spring/Eighth, is finally up and running. The food menu (lunch only) isn't final yet, but nearly everything is vegetarian, and there's free WiFi too. 808 S Spring Street, at Eighth; (213) 327-2255 [Angelenic]
5) Culver City: Just in time for Black Saturday, French Laundry alum Jamie Cantor has opened Platine Cookies, and already the Eater Inbox is flooded with raves: "It's like cookie excellence - just the perfect balance of all ingredients and baking. Kind of like perfect vocal pitch. I also think she's pretty artsy with the way she designs the cookies" 10850 Washington Boulevard, Culver City, (310) 559-9933, website [EaterWire]
6) Echo Park: Right on schedule, Two Boots finally opened last Friday. Some early reviews aren't very promising but others have found it perfectly acceptable. 1814 W. Sunset Blvd., L.A. (213) 413-2668 [EaterWire]