Downtown: At the corner of Seventh and Grand, on the edge of the Jewelry District, sits a quickly-developing Bottega Louie. And as others have pointed out already (not to mention the Eater Archives), “Grand” is a fitting place for the project, if we might say so. No expense is spared in its first West Coast location (long term plan in the works to roll out others in Malibu and SF). Though the crown moldings, brass applique, marble floors and baroque-style chairs speak to a traditional dining experience, Bottega is really a modern eatery on steroids: a 185-seat restaurant, Wi-Fi cafe, full bar, high-end deli and gourmet grocery all rolled into one. If it sounds like Dean and DeLuca – well, there are certainly resemblances.
Their food offerings will change out to match time of day. The front cafe will start as a bagels / pastries / parfait bar in the morning and turn into a panini / gourmet sandwich station at lunch, with one last morph into a carving station during dinner time.
Some other things we learned:
1) They will serve a Bottega Louie coffee blend, created specially by LA Mill
2) Grab ‘n Go fare will be extensive, ranging from cheese / charcuterie, to fresh-squeezed juices to prepared foods like fried chicken and mash potatoes
3) Simple groceries (milk, eggs and fruit cups) will share space with high-end items like homemade sauces, infused cooking oils and wines
4) The dining room kitchen is helmed by executive chef Sam Marvin (veteran of Modada, Piero in Las Vegas and most recently, Le Dome).
5) Dining menu features Neapolitan-style pizzas and other Italian fare, portioned for sharing. Brunch service on Sat and Sun mornings.
Opening date is currently slated for Monday, April 6th and hours are 6am to 12am. Valet parking is available. Lot and street parking on Grand. Downtown shuttle service in the works.
· All Bottega Louie Coverage [~ELA~]