Welcome to another edition of The Dish, your source for all the latest and greatest openings. Spot a newcomer that we've missed? Do let us know.
1) Westside Pavilion: With 10,400 square feet, 300 seats and a whole lot of signage in tow, Westside Tavern finally made its debut last night. Executive chef Warren Schwartz's menu is now up online [.pdf] for your viewing pleasure. Dinner service kicks off at 5pm, with lunch expected to roll out sometime this summer. 10850 W. Pico Boulevard; (310) 470-1539; website [EaterWire]
2) Brentwood: In a quick turnaround for the old Zu Robata space on Wilshire, Bar Food opened up earlier this week. There are a few reports on it in the comments, and on the blogs. We hear that place has a pretty decent happy hour from 5pm-6:30pm that includes free hot dogs, but that name is decidedly not Google-friendly. 12217 Wilshire Boulevard; (310) 820-3274 [EaterWire]
3) Redondo Beach: Speaking of which, the Daily Dish points out that Hudson House opened up recently on the PCH: "Hudson House, chef duo Brooke Williamson and Nick Roberts (Zaks, Amuse Café and Beechwood in Venice) are fancying up the South Bay bar and lounge scene with what they’re calling 'an enlightened take on what bar food can be.'" 514 N. Pacific Coast Highway; (310) 798-9183, website [LAT]
4) Pasadena: A new froyo joint has opened in Pasadena by the name Cherry on Top. From the looks of the website, it's a growing SoCal chain and nothing about it seems particularly original, so get excited. 1299 E. Green Street; (626) 780-0708; website [EaterWire]
5) Downtown: Per LAist, yet another Famima opened down. This makes six downtown; you'll recall their goal is to open 20 by year's end. 700 Wilshire Boulevard; (213) 622-2006; website [LAist]