Here we have another Plywood Report, where we track what's coming to our still-alive-and-kicking drinking and dining scene. Did we miss something? Please drop it in the tip jar.
1) Venice: Although still fairly delayed, Local 1205 at least seems to be making some progress. The interior is no longer a bare bones skeleton and now walls are up, looks like there is some sort of counter in the far back, and check out all the exposed brick. Probably another few months of work. [EaterWire]
2) Beverly Hills: Capriotti's, the Italian sandwich shop chain opens its first LA cafe January 18 on Wilshire Blvd. According to the press release, "this is not a deli sandwich shop- but a gourmet sandwich experience." [EaterWire]
3) Culver City: Lunch continues to have the worst names in town-starting with the restaurant name, and now the names of menu items. Seared in the City is their tuna sandwich, Thanksgiving Morning Salad, Cran Can Salad...The high point may be their build-you-own sandwiches, with extensive options and chips/salad/or side for $9. Anyway, they've passed their health inspection and are training staff. [EaterWire]
4) Pasadena: According to Brigham Yen, Dish Bistro & Bar is set to debut February 2. Check out new interior photos, and note the restaurant will be open Tuesday through Saturday, lunch and dinner. Sunday, brunch. Closed on Sunday nights and Mondays. [PUwBY]
5) Mid-City: About a week and a half ago, Sean MacPherson finally closed escrow on Orso. Although this may not may not be the restaurant's name, the space is licensed under Abbondonza. Additional tips welcome in the comments. [EaterWire]
6) Duarte: A tipster shares, "There's a new Sonic being constructed on Huntington Drive in Duarte/Monrovia area. It's on their website as a new location. It's the first for L.A. County right?" [EaterWire]