In addition to this morning's massive reveal of Scarpetta LA, here are a few other new spots about town. Did we miss something? Drop us a note.Elizabeth Daniels 10/10
1) Culver City: Bright colors pop at Kanoos, a new self-proclaimed sandwich and cupcake cafe on Washington. Grub Street files an initial report, on offer here are bagels and croissants for breakfast, sandwiches, salads, soup for lunch, plus cupcakes, and beverage imports kulfi and faluda. 9911 Washington Blvd.; 310-838-5266
2) Hollywood: Chicken Dijon has finally opened by the W on Hollywood Blvd. The modern, fast casual rotisserie chain boasts several locations scattered throughout the city, head here to check out menus. 6282 W Hollywood Blvd.; website
3) Downtown: Blogdowntown notices that after its two year tenure, Hashi Ramen House has replaced 2nd Street Cafe. Come here for hot and cold ramen in addition to pork cutlet dishes. Bowls are priced between $9 and $11, with beer, sake, and soju served in the booze department. 442 E. 2nd St.; 213-617-0237
4) Hermon: Eastside Food Bites spots newcomer Pantry Cafe just outside Highland Park. This casual eatery opened last month and offers a hodgepodge of goods: panini, salads, Belgian waffles, quesadillas, coffee, even Jaritos. 5526 Monterey Rd.
5) Hollywood: Welcome to Kubar, a new Mediterranean abode which recently sprouted on Hollywood Blvd. The space is supposed to resemble a home from the Ottoman Empire, and the menu is filled with recipes over 100 years old. Other highlights include a full bar and spacious outdoor patio with hookah service. 6669 Hollywood Blvd.; 323-962-5555; website
6) El Segundo: Toddrickallen reports on the debut of Ittou Bento Japanese Bistro. The menu boasts an amalgam of mostly Japanese fare from sashimi and sushi to bento boxes, miso soup, and a variety of salads. 400 Sepulveda Blvd.; 310-607-9999; website