1) West Hollywod: Last summer Mark's on La Cienega shuttered after serving the West Hollywood vicinity for over two decades. The restaurant folded into Vermont Restaurant & Bar, merging waitstaff, chefs, the whole shebang. So, the La Cienega space remained vacant for some time, though two weeks ago it was snapped up by Rose Entertainment Group. But what does that mean? Word on the street is that the venue will be reoutfitted into a French bistro called Rose Merci.
2) West Hollywod: The old Murano space is well on its way to become The Artichoke's Heart and peering into the space one can see booth-like seating made from peach suede. Opening slated for January. [EaterWire]
3) Culver City: Next stop, Sang Yoon's noodlery, Lukshon. Another glance inside reveals high ceilings and polished wood, sorta visible here. Expected to also open in January. [EaterWire]
4) Culver City: Just a few details on that new beer bar from those behind Rush Street. According to a manager, the new eatery will serve a similar Rush Street menu (upscale bar food?), slated to debut in February. [EaterWire]
5) Mid-City: Vodvil too continues. Expect an eclectic modern interior design aesthetic and a comfort food menu. The executive chef has yet to be hired, management is on the look out right now. On target for a February launch. [EaterWire]
6) Culver City: Into the old Cantaloop space comes Kabab Bistro. The concept here is a fast casual Mediterranean/Indian fare which includes kebabs cooked in a tandoori oven. Owner Azad Verani expects to open in January. [EaterWire]