Happy Friday and welcome back to Plywood Report where we track what's coming to our still-alive-and-kicking drinking and dining scene. Did we miss something? Please drop it in the tip jar.
1) Sherman Oaks: Spotted at the Westfield Fashion Square comes Roti Ville bakeshop and cafe opening in September. [EaterWire]
2) Culver City: Back in '09 came a report that Rush Street owners planned to open a more casual beer pub mid this year. A location was recently acquired across the street from Rush Street, presumably for the aforementioned. [EaterWire]
3) Weho: Grub Street brings word that PhoCiti is finally expected to open within the next week or so on Santa Monica Blvd. [GS]
4) Mid-City: Another restaurant is coming to West 3rd Street this year. Pizzeria Olio has leased the long vacant space on 3rd and Crescent Heights. Contractors are installing a wood-burning oven, patio area, open kitchen and counter. Traditional Italian pizzas and pastas will grace the menu. No word yet on a whether there will be wine or beer, but the building has its own parking garage. Bonus. [EaterWire] — DG
5) Encino: Trattoria Farfalla will expand to Ventura Blvd, debuting in about a month. [GS]
6) Los Feliz: Tom Trellis, proprietor of Alcove Café & Bakery, plans to open Big Bar next door this September. Juan Sevilla, previously at Soho House, will oversee the fresh fruit cocktail program. [Feast]
7) Weho: More changes on Santa Monica Blvd via super heathy fare in the form of FitFood, "conceived to cater to 'on the go' fitness and health enthusiasts," according to the cafe's website. Think turkey meatballs, roasted salmon, and brown rice pasta. [GS]