Here, a few Plywood sightings in our fair city. See something moving in, renovating, changing? The tipline is always open.
1) Santa Monica: Snagging the former Three Dog Bakery space on Santa Monica Blvd. comes yet another salad spot, California Monster Salads. Presumably another one of those choose your own adventure type deals, select a salad base, add on the toppings. [EaterWire]
2) Santa Monica: Major construction situation over at the space that, up until recently, housed Sham, also on Santa Monica Blvd. Apparently, a new tenant has yet to claim the space, the building's landlord gutted the restaurant. [EaterWire]
3) Pasadena: Ever more salads. Brigham Yen shares news that Saladish will replace Squeeze & Scoop in Old Town. Anticipate a March debut. [PRwBY]
4) Encino: Prohibition Burgers & Beers is underway on Venture slated to serve "swanky burger[s] and [the] best beer selection in Los Angeles." Those beers "took a long time to pick and rate," per the website. Opening shortly. [Grub Street]
5) Venice: Still cement and splinters at the anticipated Gjelina spinoff just next door. Sources speculated that this abode would serve pizzas to-go, though Gjelina staff explains that this spot will actually be a take-out place for Gjelina, not entirely devoted to pizza. Management is hoping to open by the end of February. [EaterWire]
6) Le Zinque, slated to open in March, brings Abbot Kinney a new coffee shop by day, and wine bar by night. Stay tuned for more. [Grub Street]