As observant readers may have noticed, it's Pizza Week round these parts. And to bring some of that saucy, juicy deliciousness from the computer screen to your doorstep, Eater has teamed up with five of our favorite Los Angeles pizzerias for a special promotion. Every day this week, two delivery customers will be chosen at random by each pizzeria to receive a free Eater pie in a very special Eater box. And we're doing the same special in New York, Washington D.C., Chicago, and San Francisco—blanketing the country in free pizza.
Here in LA we wanted to get new LA Times Restaurant Critic Jonathan Gold involved in the fun, thus today, about one hour ago, Hollywood Pies founder Dave Miscimarra attempted to deliver one of his signature deep dish pizzas to the LAT offices. Unfortunately, the pie was stopped at security and after an hour of waiting, didn't budge. So, Mr. Gold, if you're reading this, lunch awaits you downstairs. On us.
· Two Boots, 1818 West Sunset Blvd, Echo Park
· Pitfire Pizza, 801 N. Fairfax Ave, West Hollywood
· Hostaria del Piccolo, 606 Broadway, Santa Monica
· Urbano Pizza Bar, 630 West 6th St, Downtown
· Hollywood Pies, 1437 S. Robertson Blvd, West LA
· All Pizza Week Coverage [~ENY~]