The veil was lifted last night when Trois Mec, the feverishly anticipated French-ish dining engagement from chefs Ludo Lefebvre, Jon Shook, and Vinny Dotolo, opened doors for its first night of dinner service to the public. The only catch was that you had to own a MasterCard to secure a reservation. An Eater operative attended dinner yesterday evening and snagged a (blurry) photo of the night's menu (pictured below). Here now, his initial thoughts on night one:
1) Chefs and Staff handled "first" night wonderfully.
2) Wine pairings are amongst the most effective I have ever had.
3) I respected their no-camera rule, albeit my friends didn't.
4) The Chicken Dish was one of the best I ever had, and Pierre Gagnaire tried to impress me before with this meat personally.
5) Four parties attempted to walk in without a reservation and failed miserably.
6) Ludo in particular was very friendly, it is his show, he invested in it personally.
7) I still love Animal.
·All Trois Mec Coverage [~ELA~]