Baseball season has begun, and Dodger Stadium is ready to go with new food offerings. Everyone should get a Dodger dog at at least once: grilled, hot, and with chips and a Coke on the side. Besides that, it's worth remembering that Dodger Stadium is near Chinatown in downtown LA and outside food can be brought inside the stadium. Find some of the better food options below.
Dodger Stadium's Standouts
1) East Side Market: One of LA's last true Italian delis, fans love the hot pastrami and meatball subs. Only open until 4 p.m. daily. [1013 Alpine Street]
2) Chego: The inexpensive rice bowls here by Roy Choi are a perfect thing to take to the stadium. The chubby pork belly, hen house, and any of the specials travel really well, and are packed with flavor. [727 N Broadway]
3) Mexicali Taco & Co: Fun and far better than the tacos inside the stadium, Mexicali also has great horchata, which is perfect on its own or spiked. Don't miss out on the vampiro or the quesadilla if cheese is your thing. [702 N Figueroa Street]
4) Philippe the Original: If you're not into Dodger Dogs, going to a game at Dodgers Stadium is a good opportunity to get a French dip and maybe a pickled egg. The French dips don't travel especially well because they're dipped beforehand, so try scarfing one down before the game. [1001 North Alameda Street]
5) Manuel's Original El Tepeyac Cafe: The burritos are an especially good option. Manuel's chips and guacamole are a great game-day snack too. Arrive early as the wait can be long. [812 N Evergreen Avenue]
6) Yang Chow: One of the better "Americanized" Chinese restaurants in Chinatown, this classic spot still has some of the best shrimp in town. Grab a few things to-go and enjoy inside the stadium. [819 N. Broadway]
A Quick Meal at Dodger Stadium
· Coca Cola All-You-Can-Eat Right Field Pavilion: Selection of food stands, hot dogs and veggie dogs are available here. (The Right Field Pavilion).
· Elysian Park Grill: Burgers (including turkey burgers), kids' menus and a new Brooklyn Dodger Dog. (two locations: Reserve level and Top of Park).
· Dodger Dogs: Dodger Dogs. (Pretty much everywhere).
· Dodgertown Deli: Dogs and sandwiches (Field Level, 3rd Base Side, Sec. 47).
· Dreyer's Soft-Serve Ice Cream: Ice cream. (Reserve Level, 1st Base Side, Sec. 4).