Beelman's Pub, which takes over the former Coffee Bar slot right smack in the middle of Downtown's Historic Core, is slated to open in the next month or so. Until then, ACME Bar Group, comprised of Michael Leko, Will Shamlian, and Jonny Valenti, are putting together the finishing touches on a rather large space just two doors down from their highly successful Spring Street Bar. Here now, eight facts to know about Beelman's Pub, including a high-profile partnership with some pretty capable bartenders.
1) Proprietors, LLC (Honeycut, NYC's Death & Co.) is putting together the bar program, a departure from their usual M.O. to make more straightforward drink lists. This time around, Proprietors, David Kaplan, Alex Day, and Devon Tarby, are introducing a European-style cocktail menu focusing on Spanish sherry, Italian bitters, and French bubbly.
2) Craft beer enthusiasts won't be disappointed with 12 beers available on tap afixed to a marble panel on the back wall.
3) The patio will have a garden-like feel, with raw brick, lighting, and two long communal tables sitting on cobblestone. As for flora, think ivy, moss, and other plant life that brings warmth to the area.
4) The pub is named after Claude Beelman, the famous architect who not only designed the building the bar is located in, but also the iconic Eastern Columbia Building on the corner of Broadway and 9th. Known for his Beaux-Arts and Art Deco style, Beelman designed numerous buildings in Downtown during the 1930s.
5) The interior will house more communal tables and a set of leather Pullman booths along dark wood walls. Other Old World-style design cues: concealed overhead bulbs, candlelight, herringbone-patterned oakwood flooring.
6) In typical Proprietors style, also expect three craft cocktails on draft.
7) The food menu features shareable plates of European pub fare inclusive of charcuterie.
8) Of course, since sports fans are always going to want to know the score, there are two televisions that will show marquee games.
· All ACME Bar Group Coverage [~ELA~]