Mark Peel's Bombo will soon sport steam-kettles, something that no other place in Los Angeles is using at the moment. The countertop cooking devices, which are perhaps best displayed at a place like Las Vegas's Palace Station Oyster Bar, employs rapid steam to heat steel kettles in front of diners.
Take a sneak peek look at Mark Peel's latest and greatest placed in a prime position inside Grand Central Market, which has so much action that's perhaps the busiest dining block in the neighborhood.
Also check out some of the preliminary dishes that are destined for Bombo's menu below:
- Seared Spanish Mackerel on Fried Rice with Flax, Stewed Chick Peas and Mustard Greens topped with Scallion Oil
- Pork Pot Stickers with Lobster Broth, Mustard Greens and Spicy Vinegar
- Curried Shrimp with Crushed Peanuts, Chili Paste, Roasted Onion, Kabocha Squash and Potato
- Fish and Chips Alaskan Cod and Steak Fries with Spicy Vinegar and Cucumber, Yogurt Dressing
- Braised North African Chicken Drumsticks with Spice Rub, Eggplant, Zucchini, Tomato, Olives, Whole Garlic on Steamed Rice with Flax Seed
- Chicken Salad Chicken baked in a spice rub, shredded, Eggplant, Dried Apricot, Pecans, Kabocha Squash, Roasted Onion, Potato, Arugula and Oregano Vinaigrette
Remember that Peel is cooking the final Bombo pop-up tonight at Rascal, in case you want one of the first tastes.