So it looks as though Brian Malarkey really s putting in a Herringbone in Santa Monica after all. The on-site ABC license gave it all away back in March, but now Malarkey’s team has officially confirmed the unveiling, and answered a few questions in the process.
- What’s going to happen with the current Herringbone at the Mondrian in West Hollywood? Glad you asked! It is, after a time, going to become a different Malarkey concept (Seersucker perhaps?), but for now will remain as a Herringbone.
- Who’s going to actually run the new Herringbone at The Seychelles on Ocean Avenue? No one’s quite sure, but Malarkey has plans to install an as-yet-unnamed chef de cuisine there.
- Are they going to have a seasonal menu and buy produce at the Santa Monica Farmers Market? Probably. But that’s to be expected, right? There will also be a raw bar!
- What’s the place going to look like? It’s a big space, as mentioned before — 7,400 square feet spread across an indoor-outdoor layout, with lots and lots of patio space. Think lush green and sandy beach vibes, simultaneously.
- When’s this all going down? No specific date, but sometime later this summer.
1755 Ocean Ave.
Santa Monica, CA