Three former Chez Panisse alums will host a ramen pop-up at the Walker Inn tonight and tomorrow. Sam White, Jerry Jaksich, and Rayneil De Guzman are creators of the Ramen Shop, an Oakland destination for those obsessed with ramen and craft cocktails, and now they’re bringing the goods to Koreatown.
The trio is known for creating ramen with sustainable and California ingredients. They also make an annual trek to Japan and beyond, searching for hidden bars and restaurants, before returning to revamp their West Coast menu. After walking through the Hotel Normandie bar’s secret entrance inside Normandie Club and trying the Walker Inn’s Chez Panisse-inspired drink, the group decided to bring the Ramen Shop pop-up to Los Angeles.
The $60 Ramen Shop pop-up will have a four-course menu and availability at specific times: 5 p.m., 7 p.m., 9 p.m., and 11 p.m. Reservations must be made in advance, and cocktails are not included in the price. The menu includes:
- Wok smoked black cod salad with fennel, endive, Mendocino nori, shiso, and Half Moon Bay wasabi creme fraiche
- Stemple Creek Ranch beef shoyu ramen, with smoked brisket, braised oxtail, shoyu egg, scallions, sweet onions, mendocino nori and frilly mustard greens
- Hokkaido miso ramen with ground pork belly, shoyu egg, baby bok choy, King richard leeks, arrowhead cabbage, sweet onions, and shungiku
- Veggie shoyu Meyer lemon ramen with King oyster and maitake mushroom, salt cured egg, tomato confit, butternut squash, broccolini, and mizuna
- Ramen Shop house made Black sesame ice cream sandwich
Regular bar service at the Walker Inn will resume Wednesday, and tickets must be purchased in advance.
3612 W 6th Street
Los Angeles, CA