In a move destined to cause citywide food comas (or sugar highs), Carl’s Jr. is trying out a Jolly Rancher milkshake in two U.S. cities: Los Angeles and Hardee’s in Birmingham. The burger chain is serving the milkshake for a limited time, before a nationwide roll-out in 2018.
A limited run of ultra sweetened milkshakes is not new, with Sonic’s recent announcement of their holiday shake; or Arby’s cookie butter shake; and Burger King’s June release of a Lucky Charms milkshake. The Carl’s Jr.’s shake goes for broke, with Jolly Rancher chunks throughout vanilla ice cream, whipped cream topping, and laced with more bits of candy throughout.
Although Los Angeles will appreciate Carl’s Jr.’s preferential treatment, the city is already filled with choices for quality milkshakes. Some options are even for grownups, with boozy milkshakes at the Milk Tavern Dessert Lounge in Koreatown. Guinness milkshakes are on the menu at 25 Degrees at the Hotel Roosevelt, and Franklin & Co Tavern has served spiked milkshakes for years. Then there’s Momofuku’s (almost open) Milk Bar, which carries with a signature chocolate covered pretzel milkshake.
The Jolly Rancher milkshake is available at the following LA Carl’s Jr. locations from November 1 until December 26:
- 2310 S. La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles
- 2320 E 4th ST, Los Angeles
- 1384 Moorpark Road, Thousand Oaks
- 44361 N Sierra Highway, Lancaster
- 44400 Valley Central Way, Lancaster
- 49669 Gorman Post Road, Gorman
- 4966 Florence Ave, Bell
- 14454 Valley Blvd, Fontana
- 2119 S Harbor Blvd, Anaheim
- 794 N Brookhurst St, Anaheim
- 3240 Yorba Linda Blvd, Fullerton
- 1830 N Bristol St, Santa Ana
- 11051 Euclid Ave, Garden Grove
- 3413 W Florida Ave, Hemet