After hometown heroes Los Angeles Dodgers lost to the Boston Red Sox on October 28, with the visiting American League champions clinching the World Series in game five, the winners headed to West Hollywood’s Nightingale Plaza nightclub to celebrate their victory.
And did they celebrate in style, according to TMZ, spending over $300,000 on drinks, adding another $195,000 in tips for a final tab of half a million dollars. At least the Red Sox helped the local economy after demoralizing the Dodgers, who’ve garnered two straight World Series failures. Apparently the Red Sox players were spraying so much champagne that they destroyed the DJ’s laptop too.
Today’s TMZ article shows that the Boston Red Sox team members ordered the following:
- 48 bottles of Dom Perignon champagne
- 43 bottles of Ace of Spades Armand de Brignac champagne
- 60 bottles of the slightly cheaper Moet & Chandon champagne
- 5 bottles of the bright orange Veuve Cliquot bubbly
- 12 bottles of Perrier-Jouet champagne
- 1 bottle of Cristal (because why the hell not)
- Don Julio tequila (amount unknown)
- Belvedere vodka (amount unknown)
- 17 bottles of Jack Daniels whiskey
- 11 bottles of Jameson irish whiskey
The best part is, the players didn’t even have to foot the bill (or that massive tip). Someone from the team paid the tab. Even though LA’s home team lost, at least some folks in the nightclub business won last Sunday evening.