Los Angeles diner icon Norms is celebrating 71 years with a big breakfast giveaway on October 28. The one-day affair will feature a 71-cent breakfast that comes with two eggs, two pieces of bacon or sausage, and two hotcakes, and will run from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. only at all Norms locations. Limit one per person, of course.
And in other news:
- Kern County has moved into the red tier assignment officially, meaning restaurants in Bakersfield and beyond can once again open for limited indoor dining.
- Some of LA’s most prominent bakeries and restaurants have teamed up with a slew of celebrities including John Stamos and Eva Longoria for an event titled America’s Sweetest. The party, run by DoorDash and Off the Menu, starts today and is all in support of the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation, with customers purchasing boxes from any collaboration they want (Courtney Cox and Little Pine, for example), with a portion of proceeds going to the foundation.
- Good Boy, a new plant-based evening pop-up in Historic Filipinotown opens on Friday at 1644 W. Temple Street. Expect meatless burgers, dogs, and more.
- Bridgetown Roti is popping up at Employees Only in West Hollywood tonight, doing West Indian street food from 4 p.m. until sellout.
- The LA Times is hosting a cook-a-thon for charity on October 17, with personalities like Jack Black, Phil Rosenthal, and more participating, and funds going to World Central Kitchen.
- Caravan Swim Club is launching Sunday brunch. Expect everything from smoothies and chilaquiles to breakfast tacos, a burrito, and steak and eggs on chef Angie Lee’s menu.
- Koreatown late night hangout Dan Sung Sa is reopening tomorrow night for al fresco dining and drinking, it seems.
- Instagram-famous pop-up Huichol22 is popping up at Bar Flores in Echo Park this Sunday, with walk-ins and reservations available.
View this post on Instagram
This weekend we will be doing our first bar pop-up at our favorite bar in Los Angeles @barflores_la. Special thank you to @mercado_de_flores for the opportunity! We will be serving at the bar and doing pick up orders from the bar on Sunday October 18th. Dine in will be from 4 PM until sell out. Pick up times will be 5 PM or 6 PM only. Pick up and dine-in will require at least one cocktail purchase from them. If you haven’t been, some of the best drinks in Los Angeles. For food, we will be doing the same menu for dine-in and pick up. Menu: Ceviche Mixto, Vegan Ceviche, & Tacos with Shrimp, Scallop, and Potato. For food pick up, you are required to purchase at least one to-go cocktail with your food. We will be selling only the Flores Margarita. It has Tequila, Naranja Liquor, Citrus, Agave, Hibiscus Salt. Walk Ins are welcome, reservations can be made for four or more people only. You can do so by visiting their website barflores.com or clicking the link in our bio. DM @huichol_22 for more information and to place your pick up orders! Last day to place pick up orders is Thursday evening. (We will not be taking reservations for dine-in, you must do it through Bar Flores) Comida Siempre Del Corazón ❤️ #huichol22 #mariscossaturdays #summer #ceviche #apronsquad #seafood #mariscos #comida #food #foodporn #losangeles #mexico #comida #delcorazon #love #foodporn #foodie #influencer #foodies #kitchen #shrimp #california #foodphoto #aguachile #foodblogger #foodlover #summertime #losangeles #goodeats #family #pasadena #sgv #lataco