Downtown LA sandwich specialists E Stretto have a second local location coming up. The small shop’s first spot down on Broadway has proven to be a hit since first opening in January of last year, so now owners Joel David Miller and Dave Fernie are branching out the East Hollywood/Thai Town area for a second. This new E Stretto should open next week at 5652 Hollywood Boulevard, sharing space with new carnitas taco shop Flaco, which is operated by none other than Scopa Italian Roots owner Steve Livigni, per LA Taco. The team from E Stretto also own and operate two New York CIty-area sandwich shops as well.
And in other news:
- Honeybee Burgers seems headed for La Brea soon, per What Now LA, who says they’ll take possession of the former East India Grill space next to Wirtshaus on November 1.
- Boardwalk Tacos has opened again as part of the sprawling Waterfront Venice compound out at the boardwalk. Expect al fresco tacos on handmade tortillas.
- The Michelin Guide won’t release its ratings this year for California, but the group is still promoting its star chef connections via a virtual family meal event tomorrow night that features tons of California notables like Niki Nakayama, Carlos Salgado, Wolfgang Puck, and more.
- Hunter Pritchett has left Atrium in Los Feliz as chef and partner, saying on Instagram he no longer feels he can accomplish his goals there. The full post can be found here.
- Filipinos Feed the Frontlines, a new charity initiative centered around Filipino restaurants and communities, has come to Los Angeles by way of San Francisco. Restaurants like Sari Sari Store, the Park’s Finest, and more are involved, distributing meals across the area.
- Avner Lavi from Cento Pasta Bar in Downtown is expanding his repertoire, jumping into the Tartine Sycamore space Thursdays through Saturdays for some dinnertime pizza service. The pop-up is called Cento Pizzeria, and it runs through all of November, if not longer.
- Roving fried chicken restaurant Phat Birds is back, landing at Milpa Grille in Boyle Heights on November 8. The group’s most recent residency was at the former Kettle Black space in Silver Lake.