Pasadena-based chain Dog Haus turns ten, and is celebrating by offering ten days of free dogs. It starts Sunday, October 11 with current Dog Haus app users receiving a free hot dog until October 20.
It seems unlikely that a hot dog stand can launch open in a sleepy part of Pasadena, yet a decade later Dog Haus has opened 27 shops in California and in 17 states. It’s certainly a SoCal success story.
For the length of the promotion, customers can try one of seven beef dogs served on grilled King’s Hawaiian Rolls. The full menu is here, and they’re open for takeout and delivery.
In other news:
- Burgers Never Say Die owner Shawn Nee shared with NBC-4 about hiring a security guard to deal with customers acting out over a County-wide face covering policy. Eater LA first covered this story in mid-September.
- Los Angeleno wrote a eulogy for LA restaurants lost during COVID-19, including Preux & Proper, and José Andrés’ The Bazaar, among others.
- Staycation is now officially ‘stayliving’ at Downtown’s Freehand LA. For as little as $800 a month, the hotel reduced rates for anyone looking to stay longer than seven nights. That’s far less than monthly rent in Downtown LA.
- L.A. Taco profiled Tacos del Valle’s taco truck, where not only tacos, burritos, memelas, and huaraches are available, but a tlayuda writer Memo Torres described as “gigantic.”
- Honeybee Burger moved its vegan operation from Los Feliz to Echo Park, inside the former Small Town space. They’re also open inside the Colony ghost kitchen on Santa Monica Boulevard, slightly west of the 405.
- Cafecito Organico moved into Atwater Village’s shuttered Metro Fitness and took over half the space. It includes a well-sized parking lot to accommodate outdoor seating. Takeout’s available too.
- Night + Market West Hollywood reopened on Wednesday for takeout and delivery. Operating hours are Wednesday through Monday from 1 p.m. to 9 p.m., and closed Tuesdays.
- Intelligentsia is celebrating 25 years in the business. The influential coffeehouse is also giving away a free year of coffee today. Go to any Intelligentsia location to enter.