The team behind Wexler’s Deli is shifting roles, it seems. Founders Micah Wexler and Mike Kassar are divvying up the brand name moving forward, Eater has learned, with Kassar keeping control of the physical restaurant locations at Grand Central Market and in Santa Monica (and any future outlets), while the namesake Micah Wexler plans to move into food products instead. Those include items like smoked fish and caviar and pickles and mustard, Wexler confirms to Eater, all “inspired by Wexler’s foundation and made with thoughtfully sourced ingredients.” While firmer details are still being worked out, the planned product launch will come in 2021, with Wexler telling Eater that items should be available in grocery stores and “fine food stores” soon. Wexler’s Deli previously had locations in Palm Springs and at the Westfield Century City as well, though those locations have since closed.
And in other news:
- Chris Bianco is once again doing an LA-only pizza delivery night via Montilla Meals. The single-night event runs Friday, December 4, though orders need to be in by Sunday, November 29. Bianco’s team in Phoenix is par-cooking pizzas and delivering them by car to Los Angeles for distribution on the day of service.
- Prominent baker and former Bon Temps chef Lincoln Carson has signed up with national Crave Hospitality Group. First up: Opening a small mostly takeout and delivery bakery in Boise, Idaho.
- Hollywood’s Persian ice cream shop Mashti Malone’s has a new location coming at 1898 Westwood Boulevard.
- Historic Filipinotown restaurant Grá is doing a one-night event at Neuehouse in Hollywood on Wednesday. Expsect wood-fired pizzas, paired natural wines, and more for $55 a head.
- Tacos 1986 has opened in Pasadena, keeping daily hours from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. at 20 E. Union Street.
- East Hollywood wine bar spot Tabula Rasa now has an outdoor drinking and dining setup. Expect lots of wines and dishes like cubano sandwiches, charcuterie boards, and more.
View this post on Instagram
Our distant, safe, and clean outdoor dining starts this week! Wed-Sat 5-10pm. First come first serve. Order up front, sit out back. That also means our retail shop will be open late those nights so swing on by for a bottle or pick up your online order later into the evening. (Same day delivery cutoff is now 4pm) We are so excited to be serving our community once again. Our hearts are filled with gratitude for each of you.