The buzzy Bluegold/LSXO at Pacific City in Huntington Beach joins a handful of other prominent Orange County restaurants in closing its doors after finding a staff member positive with COVID-19, according to the Orange County Register. The restaurant said on its Instagram page that it would attempt to reopen in time for July 4 weekend after some serious deep-cleaning, though the future is less certain for the Dylan in Brea and Red O at Fashion Island in Newport Beach. Those restaurants and others noted in the Register story are just the latest to close as a result of a positive coronavirus case. In Downey, a Porto’s shuttered for the same reason last week, as has Bub & Grandma’s and several other prominent Orange County restaurants.
And in other news:
- Casita del Campo, the 58-year-old Silver Lake Mexican restaurant, is going al fresco by pulling its colorful tables right out into the parking lot. All’acqua in Atwater Village has done the same with its own parking lot, and in the Arts District Manuela returns to open-air dining on July 9.
- LA Fruit Share is a new charity event going down on July 12, where participants can sign up to pick their own (or a neighbor’s unused fruits from personal trees, and donate them to food-insecure families.
- One of the H.Wood Group’s new ghost kitchen concepts, called Lilah’s Diner, is launching this weekend with a party in the parking lot at Delilah’s at 7969 Santa Monica Boulevard. Expect burgers and tenders and other diner staples.
- The Bazaar is once again open at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills, albeit with a modified dining setup and lots of social distancing.
- The No Us Without You crew got some love on the Spectrum One Socal show. The series highlights the guys from Va’La Hospitality as they work to feed hundreds of undocumented restaurant workers using supply chain partnerships and donations.
- Cozy new-ish Mediterranean restaurant Tree of Wishes is up and running on Melrose once again. That means hummus, Greek salad, and a $28 beef short rib under the open sky at 7469 Melrose Avenue.
View this post on Instagram
Just in time for Father’s Day, our patio is now open! ☀️ From sharing plates and sage crusted salmon to a wide selection of beer and wine, we have all the best picks for celebrating dad this weekend. Come by and enjoy this special day with us. Don’t forget to tie a ribbon to our beloved Wishing Tree! We can’t wait to see you! Brunch: 9am-4pm Dinner: 4pm-10pm : firstname.lastname@example.org : (323) 297 3152 : 7469 Melrose Ave #treeofwishes #treeofwishesla