Here’s the restaurant lineup for this year’s Family Style food festival, going down October 2 to 4 in Chinatown. The drive-in event will feature two movies per night as well as a comedian emcee, music from Blondie Beach, a voter registration station from Jarritos, and food (obviously) and merch delivered by carhop service throughout the night thanks to DoorDash.
Last year’s restaurant lineup included a slew of popular names including Katz’s Deli out of New York City, but this year things are sticking almost entirely to Chinatown restaurants. Majordomo, Katsu Sando, Wax Paper, Lasa, Bludso’s BBQ, Yang Chow, Pearl River Delta, Scoops, Shake Shack, Endorffeine coffee, and Amboy Quality Meats & Delicious Burgers will all be there, selling food alongside one-off merch made just for the event in collaboration with various streetwear companies. There will also be shirts for sale that act as donation drivers, with proceeds going to local organizations like Chinatown Service Center, Homeboy Industries, Cathedral High School, and LACC.
Tickets for the officially-named Family Style Fest & Blondie Beach’s Drive-Thru Theater Presented by DoorDash (whew) go on sale on September 21, with room for only 100 cars per night. Founders of the event include Ben Shenassafar and Bobby Kim of the Hundreds, as well as Miles Canares.
And in other news:
- Beyond Meat is hosting a pop-up in Los Angeles on Wednesday. The reservation-only meatball shop lands at 801 S. La Brea Avenue, with plans for a daytime meatball sub and a dinnertime spaghetti and meatball plate.
- HiLo Liquor now has its own line of wines running at both Culver City and Long Beach locations, as well as for national distribution. The so-called Quarantine Companion red blend is a collaboration with California Icons Wine.
- Baco Mercat in Downtown is set to become a new restaurant called Tulsi Indian Eatery this winter. A ‘Coming Soon’ sign is up at the restaurant now.
- The Peninsula in Beverly Hills is once again doing its afternoon tea. The al fresco setup includes champagne, finger sandwiches, small pastries, and more, with a starting price of $115 per person.
View this post on Instagram
Back by popular demand, our world famous Afternoon Tea has returned with an all new limited edition menu and alfresco location at Le Petit Belvedere! Reservations will be available starting Saturday September 12th at 11am and 1:30pm and Sundays at 11am, 1:30pm and 4pm. Enjoy free flowing Champagne by Laurent Perrier, one of a kind teas and a tower of sweet and savory goodies. For reservations please call 310-975-2736 or see the link in our bio to book on Open Table. @lilybelletales
- Habana Cuban restaurants in Orange County are celebrating 25 years in the business, with a slew of reduced-priced meals and throwback menus for all. The anniversary runs from September 14 to September 20.
- Spire 73 has reopened in Downtown. The sky-high open-air bar is back on September 18 with a reservation-only system for evening service.
- Amara Kitchen is moving forward with plans to open in Altadena. Build-out is underway now, with an opening planned for the end of the year.
- TimeOut Los Angeles has the details on a new tiki and Hawaiian barbecue delivery-only option in Los Angeles, called Lost Cove Tiki. Check out the food below.
View this post on Instagram
Transport yourself to Lost Cove tonight! Curbside Pickup & Delivery All Bottled Cocktails come with Garnishes and Pebble Ice Order via bio link: Tock, Postmates, Ubereats, DoorDash or Grubhub. ——————————————— The Lost Cove Spotify Tiki Playlist Available for your Enjoyment! ——————————————— Tropical Cocktails Hawaiian BBQ Curbside Pickup & Delivery ——————————————— All Cocktails Feature Fresh Organic Juices, House Made Syrups, & Only the Finest Rums & Spirits. Curbside Pickup & Delivery! ——————————————— Fun Items to Add to Your Order! Parrot Mug Tanuki Bear Mug Marlin Mug Coconut Mug Pineapple Mug or Hurricane Glass Mai Tai Tumbler Furikake Party Mix! Order Link in Bio!