Chris Bianco of Phoenix’s famous Pizzeria Bianco (and the onetime chef of Alameda Supper Club and Tartine Bianco at the Row in Downtown LA) is doing some delivery-only pizzas in Los Angeles on Friday, September 25. The plan is to partner with Montilla Meals to deliver par-cooked pies all over the city, with instructions to finish the wood-fired pizzas at home. Diners can pay for a two-pizza meal with salads and more for $69, or order Bianco’s famed pizza a la carte instead. The full slate of Montilla Meals menu items will also be available.
The deliveries are for pre-order only, with slots open until end of day today. It’s also worth noting that, while Bianco did announce an intention to open an LA outpost of Pizzeria Bianco in Downtown LA late last year, the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has put those plans on hold.
And in other news:
- Dano’s Dumplings is popping up at Bar Bandini in Echo Park this Friday, selling pan-fried dumplings and to-go frozen dumplings starting at 4 p.m.
- Spoon & Pork in Silver Lake is expanding its hours and opening up its patio space for those who wish to sit down to eat takeaway food. There won’t be any formal service, but the seats will be there.
- The long-awaited Bull & Butterfly is opening soon in Playa Vista. The steakhouse restaurant, run by chef Ben Ford and partners Alan and Heidi Jackson (Lemonade), opens on September 24.
- HiDef Brewing is opening for takeaway sales in Downtown Los Angeles. The upstart operation at 1203 S. Olive St. will feature lots of games and activities once indoor service is allowed again, but for now expect merch and to-go beer sales only.
- Constellation Coffee’s new location at 2472 Glendale Boulevard in Silver Lake is soft opening this week for all those caffeine needs.
- Brittany Cassidy, the opening chef de cuisine of Birdie G’s in Santa Monica and the longtime Rustic Canyon chef, is moving on. Check out her heartfelt goodbyes over on Instagram.
- Kismet in Los Feliz/East Hollywood is hosting a charity bake sale this weekend, with proceeds going to No Us Without You, which gives back to undocumented back of house workers. The event is open for preorders now, and includes baked goods from May Provisions, Natasha Pickowicz, and others.
View this post on Instagram
oh boy, lucky us that we get to host NEVER ENDING TASTE the best bake sale on the planet to benefit @nouswithoutyou (an LA based org that provides food security to undocumented BOH workers and their families). treats by the ever-awesome @natashapickowicz with the glorious @sashimi1 assist! you’re gonna want to pre-order for pick up saturday. link you know where! (shout out to natasha’s mom for this great poster! )