The Prime Pizza team is opening their newest location today. Co-owners James Starr and Zak Fishman are pushing their popular LA pizzeria to 12219 Santa Monica Boulevard (formerly a Pizza Hut), with hours running from Tuesday to Saturday, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. for pickup only. Lunch will start next Tuesday, with an expansion to daily hours in the near future, along with delivery (once they can fully staff up).
Check out the colorful new storefront below, and expect some outdoor tables as well. Don’t be surprised if there’s a line, too, considering all the business that has flooded Prime’s way ever since getting a pizza review shout-out from the Barstool Sports team.
In other news:
- Border X Brewing his hosting a Southeast LA block party in the city of Bell on May 15, starting at noon. The event will feature beers from Border X as well as pupusas from VChos, menudo from Mr. Menudo, tacos from Carnitas El Momo, and more.
- Culina is back at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills, albeit with a few modifications. The Italian restaurant is now known as Culina Ristorante + Caffe, offering a merged indoor-outdoor experience (instead of the previous Culina and Vinoteca separation). That means artsy cups of coffee (and lots of new art on the walls) and prime patio seating, plus the usual slew of Italian favorites for lunch and dinner.
- The very (very) colorful Flower Burger is now open in Los Angeles. The Italian-founded company focuses on a variety of non-meat burgers, done with signature dyed buns that certainly catch the eye. For now the group, founded by Matteo Toto, is focusing on six burgers sold from a Culver City ghost kitchen, with a brick and mortar to come this year as well.
- The Spare Room is reopening in Hollywood… sort of. While the famed bar and bowling alley space remains closed inside the Hollywood Roosevelt for now, the popular cocktail bar will pop up outside under the titled the Spare Room… Somewhere Else. Expect drinks along with small Italian-focused dishes like hamachi crudo, burrata, and more. The reopening begins in May 13.
- Breakfast Republic is adding to West Hollywood’s brunch mayhem tomorrow. The restaurant, first started in San Diego six years ago, lands a block west of La Brea at 7141 Santa Monica Boulevard.
- Little Fatty in Mar Vista has a new menu for the spring, with options from dim sum to vegan pork options using OmniPork.
- The Badmaash team is launching a new series of weekly biryani specials. The labor-intensive dishes will only be available in limited quantities from Monday to Thursday, starting with the below, a chicken dum biryani. Expect Pawan and the Mahendro brothers to eventually offer their own unique takes as well, from short rib to bacon and pork and beyond. Orders are limited to ten per night.