Popular Hollywood street pop-up Chris N Eddy’s is going legit, opening up a new brick and mortar location later this summer just down the road. Currently, the tag-team duo of Chris Karimian and Eddy Poghosyan sling slider-style burgers and tots from a stand in front of the closed Sycamore Tavern on Sunset, but now they’re ready to branch out into the big time.
Per Karimian and Poghosyan, the new location will open this summer, ideally, inside of a strip mall space at 5539 Sunset Blvd. It’ll take time to get the restaurant up and running, but when they do expect the small-footprint space to offer limited indoor seating and lots of burgers on the quick. The team says they won’t be dramatically redoing their menu at first, only adding to their hours (think lunch through late night) and potentially bringing on milkshakes from the start. That’s good news for the duo’s nearly 22,000 Instagram followers, who have been rolling up Wednesday through Sunday for months to score not-quite-smashed, extra-cheesy burgers on Martin’s Potato Rolls from the stand. More to come this summer.
In other news:
- One suspect (so far) has been arrested for the attack last week on a group of diners outside of a sushi restaurant in the Beverly Grove area. Social media video showed a group carrying Palestinian flags attacking diners after reportedly asking them if they were Jewish; the LAPD is working with the District Attorney’s office to see if the incident will be formally labeled a hate crime, says ABC 7.
- California continues to lead the way not only in vaccinations nationally, but with total COVID-19 cases as well. Per the SF Chronicle several regions of the state now lead the U.S. with the lowest number of total cases anywhere.
- Looking for more burgers in your life? Of course you are. Well thankfully there’s an upcoming Lokels Only burger tournament coming up next month, featuring names like Hangaburs, Mexismash, A’s BBQ, and more.
- Big Bear Lake’s annual Grill and Chill event is back on for this weekend. The event is free to attend and runs both Saturdays and Sunday, but meat and drinks will cost.
- This Memorial Day (that’s Monday, May 31) represents the last chance for fans to score something off the Casa Vega x the Chainsmokers collaboration menu. That includes tacos, a special margarita, and more, with a portion of proceeds going to No Us Without You.
- A few updates from Koreatown’s busy Hanchic team. The restaurant is going dark for indoor dining for the next week or so as it prepares to reopen more fully, so in the meantime expect takeout and delivery only. What’s more, this weekend they’re converting to fried chicken sandwiches only under the name Chimmelier (like chicken sommelier), available Friday and Saturday only starting at noon until sell out.