It’s expected to be a big Central Coast summer this year, as travelers begin to once again take to the roads in search of weekend getaways that feature lots of food and wine. From the new Bob’s Well Bread location to Coast Range restaurant and all that’s happening up in Paso Robles, the calmer, cooler region has been rather busy for months now. Next up is Bar Le Côte, a seafood-focused restaurant and bar by the Bell’s team out of Los Alamos.
Bar Le Côte is coming early this summer to the Los Olivos area with options like halibut tartare and Spanish octopus from chef and partner Brad Mathews, plus lots of wine befitting the area of course. Daisy Ryan (a Food & Wine best new chef winner) and partner/operator Greg Ryan will still oversee the day-to-day, with plenty of local produce and seafood from local purveyors.
To help kick off the “coming soon” party, chef Mathews and the team will be in Santa Monica this month, running a two-day Bar Le Côte pop-up inside of Rustic Canyon on June 11 and 12. There will be small bites and sherry cocktails in addition to the regular Rustic Canyon menu, and naturally, the team has even produced a one-off collaboration shirt for the event, with proceeds benefitting No Us Without You. As for the actual restaurant opening, expect more info in a couple of weeks or more; meanwhile pop-up reservations can be made on Resy.
In other news:
- Are Los Angeles officials really going to tear down one of Boyle Heights’ most well-known tortilla factories? It sure seems like it, though the family that owns La Gloria Foods isn’t going down without a fight, says the LA Times.
- Want to track where the Kardashian family has been eating for the past decade-plus, as part of their seminal show Keeping Up With the Kardashians? Bustle has it covered.
- The Two Wings Chicken residency at Animal is here, running in the evenings all month long. Check out the poster below for times and dates.
- Model Citizen is opening soon in downtown Ventura, reports the 805 Foodie site. Check out the upcoming restaurant and cocktail bar, complete with renderings, here.
- Fatburger and Death Row Records are partnering up with the Grammy Museum this month, selling extra-big burgers as well as merch and other items in coordination with African American Music Appreciation Month.
- The Burger Show is back, and this week’s episode features local pop-up names Hangaburs and Monterey Park’s finest, Yellow Paper Burger.