Owners Robert and Danny Kronfli plan to keep the space open for late-night bar service, along with an expanded Mediterranean menu by chef/co-owner Lior Hillel for dinner and brunch. The owners took over the over 5,000-square-foot space this year and hired Matt Winter of M. Winter Design to transform the classic spot, which includes that stunning tree-lined patio with fire pits.
Hours are Sunday through Thursday from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4 p.m. to midnight, weekend brunch from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and late-night from midnight to 2 a.m.
In other news:
- The Boulevard Bar, Pasadena’s only queer bar, reopened last week to vaccinated patrons only. The Los Angeles Times captured photos of Boulevard’s return, which included a drag show, karaoke, and happy regulars.
- Hilltop Coffee + Kitchen locations in View Park/Windsor Hills, Inglewood, and Eagle Rock return to indoor dining on July 5. While all Porto’s Bakery & Cafes reopen for indoor dining and takeout today.
- West Hollywood’s Genghis Cohen teamed up with vegan “meat” provider Omni Foods to feature plant-based pork in five vegan Genghis dishes. Options like Omni plant-based pork dumplings and potstickers are available, as well as sweet and sour, and mapo tofu for takeout or delivery.
- Restaurant break-ins were on the rise last week in Long Beach, with eight restaurants targeted including Michael’s Downtown, The Ordinarie, Pancho’s Vegan Tacos, and The Social List. The Long Beach Post says Long Beach law enforcement arrested a suspect who is accused of smashing front doors and taking cash and electronics.
- The LA Times explored the safety of dining at a Korean barbecue with actress and comedian Sherry Cola, who explored the very communal activity with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center infectious disease physician Catherine Le at Quarters Korean BBQ in Koreatown.
- Silver Lake’s Beloved Patio Hideaway Cliff’s Edge Gets New Restaurant Life [ELA]