The Greyhound in Highland Park is hosting a belated 2020 Dodgers championship celebration event on Thursday, July 15, complete with a full rewatch of the final game against the Rays. The one-day affair is meant to finally celebrate the Boys in Blue for their pandemic-era World Series win, so expect lots of champagne, balloons, and more.
In other news:
- The Delta variant, now the most dominant coronavirus variant in California, continues to spread rapidly among mostly unvaccinated individuals (those who have been vaccinated are less likely to contract it, and have seen few symptoms). Per the LA Times, the rapid spread of the Delta variant is alarming public health officials, who recently began to request (not mandate) mask use in large public settings again.
- Backyard meat master Avi Cue is at it again, this time taking over Employees Only for a one-night pop-up on July 7.
- Director Quentin Tarantino has reportedly purchased the Vista Theatre in Los Feliz. No word yet on when the theater will reopen for screenings, or what the revival means for the attached food and beverage options on the block, which has been the site of much development planning over the years.
- The Thompson Hotel is almost ready to roll in Hollywood. Per What Now Los Angeles, the property has begun accepting reservations for mid-August, and will offer at least two different dining options across the building — including a rooftop bar.
- Want to work with and for Eater New Guard winner Brittney Valles of Guerrilla Tacos? Her next restaurant, Gogo’s Tacos on Beverly, is hiring now.