ROCA, a Roman-Californian hybrid pizza restaurant that opened in May at the Americana in Glendale, is going permanent with two new locations on the Westside. The restaurant is the latest passion project from California Pizza Kitchen co-founder Rick Rosenfield.
As previously reported, one ROCA location will land at Waterside at Marina del Rey, with plans to open early next year. The other ROCA will arrive at a separate property owned by Rick Caruso and company: Palisades Village. Both spaces are slated to open in early 2022 and will offer dine-in service as well as delivery and takeout, adding to the city’s growing Roman-style pizza scene which already includes Triple Beam, Fatto a Mano, Oste, and others.
In other news:
- The LA invasion of Las Vegas is speeding up, reports the LA Times. From early arrivals like Wolfgang Puck to the new crew that includes Ray Garcia’s Viva and Kris Yenbamroong’s Night + Market, here’s where to eat like an Angeleno in Sin City.
- Beloved LA Oaxacan restaurant Guelaguetza is on the Resy blog, talking about traditions and family via five of the restaurant’s most iconic dishes.
- Highland Park beer and games specialist Barcade is coming back online soon, meaning (as with everyone else) there’s a need for staff.
Barcade is hiring! We're currently looking for Floor Managers, Bartenders, Barbacks and Line Cooks in Highland Park! Apply online at: https://t.co/PdlbNd5iK4. #Barcade #HighlandPark #LA #LosAngeles #NowHiring #Jobs #JobOpening pic.twitter.com/5Z64lRljVD— Barcade (@Barcade_LA) July 6, 2021
- Want some quality local beer without all the gluten? There’s an upcoming Orange County brewery for that, says What Now Los Angeles. The new beer spot from Divine Science Brewing will double as a production facility and taproom in Tustin.
- Westside Vietnamese staple Mama Hong’s Kitchen (with locations in Burbank and Tustin as well as West LA) is switching up one of its spaces, says Toddrickallen. The casual restaurant will be moving from Brentwood next week over to 12201 Santa Monica Boulevard.
- Venezuelan underground option VZ LA is coming to Melody this weekend as part of the Virgil Village space’s ongoing rotation of weekly pop-up vendor.