Street burger sensation Chris N’ Eddy’s is opening its new brick-and-mortar location in Hollywood tonight, August 27. The shop at 5539 Sunset Boulevard is the first for owners Chris Karimian and Eddy Poghosyan, and represents just the latest pop-up to make good on opening a storefront after starting as a pandemic-era street food operator. The colorful space feels almost like the very first Dave’s Hot Chicken restaurant on Western, complete with colorful walls, a glowing neon sign, and a true sense of fun. The new location keeps daily hours from noon to midnight.
In other news:
- The Little Dom’s team is partnering up with Hollywood restaurant Banh Oui for a farmers market pop-up this Sunday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. The plan is to sell premade picnic kits (think cheese, chiles, chicken liver pate, focaccia bread, etc.), Little Dom’s jams, Banh Oui pickles, dressings, and a whole lot more for takeaway as part of the popular Hollywood Farmer’s Market.
- Tabula Rasa is opening up a wine shop in North Hollywood. The East Hollywood bar and retail shop is landing at 5124 N. Lankershim Boulevard specifically, says What Now LA. Owner Zach Negin previously announced the NoHo arrival on Instagram.
- Redbird’s happy hour has returned at the bar, with room for indoor and outdoor dining (as part of the dining room’s retractable roof setup). That means lots of $10 cocktails, snacks, and wines by the glass.
- Santa Monica Brew Works is collaborating on a new golden mocha porter beer with local legends Groundwork Coffee.
- The Los Angeles Times has a new list of breakfast burritos out, including LA heavy hitters like Doubting Thomas, San Pedro’s Chori-Man, and Lily’s in Malibu.
- Jeremy Fall is partnering with Mel’s Drive-In on a new breakfast sandwich, complete with fried chicken, cheese, and a potato roll. Yes, breakfast.