Busy Los Angeles nightclub Bootsy Bellows is opening a new location right at field level inside of SoFi Stadium on September 12. As the above rendering shows, the club — brought to life by H.Wood Group co-founders John Terzian and Brian Toll — is part lounge, part cocktail bar, and part nearly-on-the-grass viewing area for this season’s NFL games. And, this being Bootsy Bellows, there will also be a DJ booth, areas to dance, and food on offer for all Rams games this season. The 2,000-square-foot project has 24 seats that look right out onto the field and carries an 80-person capacity on game day.
In other news:
- A new boutique hotel called Alsace LA will open soon in West Adams, per Travel & Leisure. The upscale destination will also feature a ramen-ya restaurant from CIM Group chef Danny Elmaleh.
- The newest Sweetgreen is now open at 100 Promenade Way in Westlake Village. This all-outdoor location is much more intimate, with only 34 open-air patio seats.
- It’s an ice cream party at Dear Bella Creamery (formerly Cocobella Creamery), 1253 Vine Street in Hollywood. The plant-based party goes down on Sunday, September 5.
- LA Magazine has details on the Mama’s Shawarma truck, a newer outfit run by two Syrian refugees in Glendale.
- Here’s the Crudo e Nudo team on the Westside with a thoughtful response to an anti-mask incident that went down at the restaurant recently. It’s of particular resonance now because of the increasingly vitriolic anti-mask/anti-vax sentiments around the country, and shows just how difficult it can be for weary restaurant workers to successfully navigate it all. Give the whole post a read.
- The Proof Bakery team in Atwater Village has decided to transition into a worker-owned cooperative model, meaning employees who participate will have a say in both the direction of the business and its profits. Longtime Proof owner Na Young Ma is transitioning to a more advisory role on the company’s newly formed board of directors. Read more in the Instagram post below.